First Things First…
What do I think is good music? – The “Can’t Do Without” List
I can hear you now…”How do I know that Mimi Soul can introduce me to good music when I don’t even know what she likes specifically?” I’m so glad you asked that question and I’m happy to answer. Just to have a reference point, if I were asked to give away all 700+ of my cds except 10, the following cds would be the ones I’d have to keep. I should also tell you that these are the cds that I’m most hesitant to loan to others, simply because I think they’re so good that I wouldn’t get them back. I know this from experience.
The Mimi Soul “Can’t Do Without These 10 CDs” List (in no particular order)
1. Mint Condition – The Collection
2. Stevie Wonder – Natural Wonder
3. Prince – The Hits
4. Donny Hathaway – A Donny Hathaway Collection (purchased 3 times because I loaned it and didn’t get it back)
5. Erykah Badu – Live
6. Lauryn Hill – Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
7. New Edition – N.E. Heartbreak
8. John P. Kee & New Life Fellowship – Strength
9. Michael Jackson – Thriller
10. Anita Baker – The Best of Anita Baker
So, what’s on your “Can’t Do Without” List?